A healing environment and ongoing support are very important in the treatment process for those who have been diagnosed with cancer. The highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team provides comprehensive, coordinated care.
The radiation oncologist, radiation therapists, dosimetrist, registered nurses, social worker and dietitian all work together to design an individualized treatment plan best suited to each patient’s physical, emotional and medical needs.
A diagnosis of cancer can be overwhelming for individuals, their family members and others. It may cause emotions such as fear, depression and uncertainty. These emotions give rise to difficult questions commonly asked by patients and family members, such as:
- How will cancer impact me physically and emotionally?
- Will treatments interfere with my usual activities?
- What are the most current treatment options?
- Can I manage financially?
- How do I learn to live with cancer and rehabilitation after cancer treatment?
Our nationally certified oncology staff is available to answer questions and offer patients and their families the support they need throughout their journey with cancer and related services.