Verde Valley Medical Center has a team of specially trained physicians, nurses, technicians, and physical and occupational therapists ready to care for you once the decision to have joint replacement surgery is made. The Joint Replacement Team members have gone through extensive training in preparation for this important event in your life. There also is a dedicated orthopedic coordinator, who is a registered nurse, to oversee the care you receive at VVMC. The orthopedic coordinator is available to answer questions before and after your surgery.
Role of the Orthopedic Coordinator
The orthopedic coordinator will be responsible for your care needs from the preoperative course through discharge and postoperative discharge follow up.
The orthopedic coordinator will:
- Coordinate and provide education about the Joint Replacement Program prior to surgery
- Act as your liaison throughout the course of treatment from preoperative education and testing through postoperative follow up
- Work with the physician’s office, hospital, laboratory services and nursing staff to coordinate your preoperative care as necessary
- Answer questions and coordinate your hospital care with other program team members
- Work with Case Management/Social Services to coordinate your discharge plan to home, outpatient services or a subacute facility
- Answer questions and direct you to specific resources within and outside the hospital